The 1920 census was the first to distinctly designate the Creek as a separate entity. There were about 630 residents from probably 10 countries, many employed as stone workers, tradesmen, farmers and laborers. Truly the age of the immigrant.
Schooner Tom Beattie. Built in 1884 in Bath, Maine by the Beattie quarry family. Pictured here, probably in the late 1890s, sailing near Wheeler Island in the Thimble Islands.
Our Stony Creek, Connecticut – Now and Then
Website Powered by WordPress.com.